Talk

Advanced search

I have no contract - how much notice to leave is required?

(3 Posts)
OohThatsMyTractor Thu 14-Jul-11 14:01:32

I've been at my current job for 3 and a half months. It's not turning out to be at all what they promised, I know I should be grateful to have a job in the current climate but I can't see myself being here for any longer than is necessary.

I'm actively looking for other suitable things and wondered how long a notice period is required? As mentioned I have no written contract and there wasn't even a verbal one really, more a case of 'can you start on Monday'. I'm paid at the end of each month, I think I heard somewhere that you have to give the same notice period as you're paid for IYSWIM.

Obviously I'd like to give my current employers as much notice as possible, but if I'm offered something new and the new company want me to start asap then I don't want to be at my current employers for any longer than necessary.

Does anyone know how the notice period works without a written contract?

Thanks in advance

flowery Thu 14-Jul-11 14:12:38

Statutory notice is a week see here

OohThatsMyTractor Thu 14-Jul-11 14:35:44

That's great, thanks flowery, at least I now know where I stand when it comes to handing my notice in. Fingers crossed for a new job now smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: