Talk

Advanced search

Maternity Allowance

(2 Posts)
iamamummy Tue 12-Jul-11 14:43:16

Can someone please just clarify how i understand this...

I should hopefully be starting my new job next week (i will be 8 weeks pregnant)
I know to qualify i have had to of worked 26 weeks out of 66 weeks up to and including my due date. I have no previous work to fall back on so i have to rely solely on this job to count towards receiving MA.
so if i start work at 8 weeks and work 26 weeks that will take me up to 34 weeks pregnant and i should still qualify for MA.
i can take any holiday owed prior to this so i could potentially finish work slightly earlier than 34 weeks, but when i do go on maternity leave i would still technically be employed so surely the weeks leading up to the birth would still count too? so should i easily be covered to receive MA?

I have tried calling the jobcentre for information and i just keep getting referred back to the directgov website.

Thanks

Grevling Wed 13-Jul-11 12:37:36

You could be on holiday for all 34 weeks and it'd make no difference holiday counts as being employed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now