Talk

Advanced search

ex teachers?

(5 Posts)
madhousewife Sun 03-Jul-11 18:01:50

Is there life after teaching?
Is it possible to find a satisfying job?
Which skills are transferable?
Which employer would be looking for me?
What business could I start up?
Any ex teachers want to join me in starting something up?

vickibee Sun 03-Jul-11 18:07:11

i left teaching in 1999, it was hard to find something else. Private sector view you as lazy and without transferable skills. I ended up taking a purchase ledger job but I studied for my AAT and now CIMA so I eventually proved myself and got a better job.

What subjects did you teach?

madhousewife Sun 03-Jul-11 18:30:20

I trained as a primary teacher - am now working with asd teenagers. Love the kids, hate OFSTED, needless paperwork and the unprofessional professionals i work with.
What made you leave teaching?

vickibee Sun 03-Jul-11 20:38:32

The general bad behaviour 11-16 yo. The final straw was when a 15 yo pointed an air pellet gun at me. I called the head who was disgusted cos I'd disturbded a governors meeting. it took him 20 mins to arrive and it was my fault for mis-handling the situation. I taught physics a shortage subject and loved teaching when the kids were receptive but this was rare in the school I taught in.

Putthatbookdown Sat 09-Jul-11 14:38:13

Yes I have a business idea and am looking for a partner. We would need to do it via private messaging service

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now