Talk

Advanced search

Help!

(3 Posts)
LollipopViolet Tue 28-Jun-11 17:11:15

Hi there,

I've just finished university, doing a film/media degree. I've now found out I've got to resubmit some work in August. I live at home, no DC, with mum, GP's and my uncle.

My family have been lovely, refusing to take any board from me when I was working summer jobs etc. But now I need a "proper" job as it were, and there's nothing about in my industry. I'm also OK at photography, so that's another option.

We've decided, after I submit my work, I'm going onto jobseekers Allowance so I can contribute at home.

I'm a bit scared tbh sad I don't know what it entails, I'm visually impaired so certain jobs are out. All the jobs in my industry are in London, I'm in Staffordshire. Could I commute that daily?

I want to get as prepared as I can for when I go to sort the application out.

Lambskin Tue 28-Jun-11 17:56:34

Hello!

Is there really nothing relevant in Birmingham? A friend of mine works for the BBC there. Much more commutable. As regards to the job centre don't worry, they were very nice to me when I went (gave me a poxy job in Sainsbos though despite the degree and teaching qualification - was desperate!) and should take into account any impairments etc.

Could you offer to work for free for a bit to get your foot in the door if your family would be willing to help to support you a bit longer? Or a combination of the 2?

LollipopViolet Tue 28-Jun-11 18:03:11

Oooh, didn't think of Birmingham, the main production job site I use mainly lists London/South East so isn't great really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now