I have posted other threads about my issues at work, and it's all come to a head recently where a colleague has blantantly lied about something (I have evidence to prove this) and as a result I have to attend a disciplinary hearing. Now I know I am going to win this hearing but this emeting will sit on my staff record, even if I am found to be in the right.
I have recently been looking for other jobs and have verbally been offered a job, and have been told the written offer was posted yesterday. I had been debating whether or not to accept it because aside from my direct team I actually love my job and the rest of the people in the company
I am now fed up to the back teeth with the current place, and have tried for the last year and a bit to make it work, but it is obvious I cannot make my boss happy.
Do I risk it and hand my notice in at this meeting tomorrow, or do I keep my mouth shut and wait for the written offer to arrive before doing so?
If you win a disciplinary, it shouldn't be on your staff record as far as I know. However, that aside, sounds like you need to get out - I'd personally (and I have!) hand your notice in and go for the new one! Good luck!
If the disciplinary hearing results in you being cleared and no warnings applied, there is no reason future employers would find out.
If you are in the middle of a disciplinary investigation and leave before the outcome, your employer could legitimately say proceedings were ongoing and you left before their conclusion.
Assuming you wouldn't be leaving immediately and would be working your notice presumably it will not make a difference as the proceedings would be concluded before you leave. However I agree wait for a written offer at least before resigning. If your new employer will be prompt in taking up references, I would also wait until you have been cleared at the hearing before doing so.