Talk

Advanced search

How long should it take to consider my flexible working request?

(3 Posts)
HarrietJones Tue 28-Jun-11 09:40:01

My employer has been doing a restructure. I put in my request on 6/5/11 to my old manager. I heard on 31/5 I would be changing teams(I was aware I would be changing managers).
My request was about working specific days rather than any changes of hours so not overly complicated. I return at the end of August and dh needs to know to juggle his shifts for the first few weeks.
When should they respond?

flowery Tue 28-Jun-11 10:34:37

They should hold a meeting with you within 28 days and notify you of their decision within a further 14 days.

However restructuring is one of the reasons that can be used for refusing a request.

Have you had no acknowledgement at all?

HarrietJones Tue 28-Jun-11 11:26:26

Nope. Prior to this my manager said her boss could
Probably authorise things as she was going to be my indirect boss. We are almost over the 28 days from the restructure being finalised ( though not gone live yet).
I'm seeing old boss on Friday & possibly meeting new boss then too. I'm going in to go through some paperwork.
I'm actually fairly flexible on working days so it's more a matter of fixing them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now