Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas how i can get back into hairdressing after a loooong leave??

(3 Posts)
Theconstanttalker Tue 21-Jun-11 11:41:14

Ive kept my hand in it pretty well over the years via mobiling and friends and family, but most salons will understandably want me to prove im experienced but i dont know how i'll do that! For me now, to walk into a salon and be able to work a full day doing colours/cuts/styling etc i'm 99% confident - i wouldnt have a problem, but i am aware in some area's i have got pretty rusty and i need a certain amount of 'refreshing'. I have looked into refresher courses but there are non around here, or even within travelling distance sad
How do you think it would come accross if i approached a couple of salons and offered my voluntary help in shampooing, cleaning up etc (bit like a jnr/trainee) in return for them refreshing my skills?? Do you think this would work? Or is it a daft idea?? Id really appreciate any advice smile

ShesEverSoFamous Tue 21-Jun-11 16:10:26

I just opened my own salon a few months ago and am about to take on a women in the same position as you so it is possible. smile
She walked into my salon last week and offered her services in return for a little of my time, I was very impressed by the courage she had to come in and ask.
Good luck!

Theconstanttalker Tue 28-Jun-11 11:31:36

Sorry, just noticed your reply, thankyou SESF! I think i may well do this, though im pretty nervous about it, but you never know unless you try right?!! I hope your lady gets on ok smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now