Talk

Advanced search

Disney. ow on earth do you search and apply for UK based jobs?

(5 Posts)
Soopermum1 Mon 20-Jun-11 15:19:07

Hiya.

Work in media and looking to work for Disney in their Hammersmith UK head office. However, they just don't seem to advertise jobs. Does anyone know of a good way to search and apply? Their corporate website only advertises US based jobs angry

bethelbeth Mon 20-Jun-11 20:14:34

I don't actually know what the hammersmith office does. It might be worth trying to find that out as it could all be distribution etc and not really have anything to do with your background.

Everything that I could locate is based in the USA too

https://disney.recruitmax.com/main/careerportal/default.cfm?szUniqueCareerPortalID=d806a3ad-06f5-4622-b614-74475b752e8e&szIsJobBoard=0

I'd imagine that the uk branch advertises through the local job centre, same as their stores

rubybambini Mon 20-Jun-11 20:23:27

Hello - I know that the Hammersmith office does website production (inc localisation of websites around the world) and social media. Unsure if anything else. A couple of friends work / have worked there. I'll ask...give me a few days!

mumeeee Mon 20-Jun-11 20:24:48

Don't work for Disney. They treated DD2 quite badly. It was only actemporary job but when she went in one day they told her she wasn't needed anymore. No prior warning at all and they also didn't pay her fir all the hours she worked. They still owe her money bow.

Soopermum1 Mon 20-Jun-11 22:43:44

Thanks for the feedback so far. The Hammersmith office does the kind of work I have lots of experience in and it's a big company, so I reckon I;d have a good chance of getting work here, if I knew what jobs were available angry

I only have some tenuous links there, so difficult to find out 'from the inside'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now