Talk

Advanced search

Contribution based jsa & maternity?

(7 Posts)
pinkyp Fri 17-Jun-11 01:27:25

Does anyone know if you can claim contribution based job seekers allowance whilst on unpaid maternity? If not & I gave my notice what would be the waiting period? Thank u

flowery Fri 17-Jun-11 08:52:18

You are still employed while on maternity leave so no you can't claim JSA at the same time.

I'm no expert but I wouldn't have thought you'd be entitled to JSA if you resign from your job either.

pinkyp Fri 17-Jun-11 10:27:15

On direct gov website it mentions u can work part time & claim cb jsa though

flowery Fri 17-Jun-11 12:05:04

Yes if you work less than 16 hours a week and are presumably actively looking for more work. If it were possible to just claim JSA while on unpaid maternity leave everyone would do it. If you have a perfectly good job, remain employed in it and are just on maternity leave, you are not actively seeking work, you have work. You don't have to stay on maternity leave for a year so if you want work you can return from maternity leave.

If you decide to leave your job and look for a new one, I don't know the situation although if there is a perfectly good job for you and you resign from it I would be surprised if you're entitled to JSA.

pinkyp Fri 17-Jun-11 19:47:39

Thank u I was just unclear. I am looking for another job as I can't work at my current job any more.

xiaojree Sat 18-Jun-11 13:25:31

Message deleted

xiaojdd Sun 19-Jun-11 01:32:43

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now