Advanced search

Help with Compromise Agreement

(7 Posts)
Redders1 Wed 15-Jun-11 21:15:38

New to mumsnet, but was searching online for advice and came across lots of interesting info on the subject of Compromise Agreements. Am currently on mat leave, due back in July. I have been offered a Compromise Agreement as a mutually agreeable way to leave the firm. Would like to get a lawyer involved, but would like advice on a good London firm. Thanks

EldonAve Wed 15-Jun-11 21:19:39

I have sent you a msg with my recommendation

Soopermum1 Thu 16-Jun-11 08:19:30

A compromise agreement must be overseen by a lawyer. it is a legal document, so your company should pay the lawyer's costs.

Grevling Thu 16-Jun-11 08:21:24

Doesn't have to be a lawyer. Can also take it to CAB as I took mine there to get it looked over.

The company will stipulate how much they pay the lawyer. Its usually £250 which for most law firms will get you half a hour and they'll run through the facts and explain stuff. Don't expect much time for that though.

Redders1 Thu 16-Jun-11 10:02:44

Thanks, i will mention that I will want a lawyer to review the agreement when I speak to them next, and discuss them paying the cost. Not sure they will be happy with getting a lawyer involved.... Haven't had the formal agreement yet, just discussed in and the terms informally.

titchy Thu 16-Jun-11 10:09:42

Getting a solicitor involved is pretty standard with a compromise agreement, as is the employer paying the costs, so wouldn't worry about that!

MrsGuyOfGisbourne Mon 11-Jul-11 08:13:32

Eldon Ave please could you also send me your recommendation? Would be very grateful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: