Talk

Advanced search

Dressing down in a diary read by all staff

(4 Posts)
Debsymoore Sun 12-Jun-11 17:23:06

Hi Everyone
I wonder if some of you can give me some advice.
My daughter and I currently work in the same office, within a small team, many of who have been there years. It is a busy office where you take incoming calls while recording the details, also answering emails and faxes.
I do not have any issues but realise at times that my teenage daughters work sometimes is not up to scratch, I tend to stay out of any issues she has but recently the pickings is nothing short of bullying and humiliation.
We have a diary in the office where information is left from one shift to the other. This diary is read by all office staff. One member of staff has written a comment to my daughter which in fairness is a fair reflection of her work but has left a very nasty telling off for everyone to see. I don't actually think this is very professional or correct. Do you think I would be correct in saying to my daughter that she needs to raise this with one of our directors!
I would greatly appreciate any help with this situation thanks

Limy Sun 12-Jun-11 20:39:49

Hi have you talked to your daughter about this to see how she feels? If she feels like she is being bullied then this issue definately needs raising with your directors. It may be worth your daughter keeping a diary of any incidents. If there is a problem with her work it may be worth her asking for some training. I hope this gets sorted soon for you both, nobody should be bullied x

MadamDeathstare Sun 12-Jun-11 20:40:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Debsymoore Sun 12-Jun-11 23:31:51

Thanks to you both, I think all suggestions are worth my D putting forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now