Talk

Advanced search

Redundant for the 4th time - at 28. New career needed!

(4 Posts)
QueenElizabeth Mon 06-Jun-11 19:29:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

reddaisy Mon 06-Jun-11 20:27:53

If you did a PGCE then that would only involve one year back at uni as you already have a degree. I'm not sure how easy it is to get a job in teaching at the moment though.

lateatwork Tue 07-Jun-11 06:32:04

if you like talking to people, but dont want to be in sales, how about some sort of support role- like a service manager type role. many industries have this type of role and it can be well paid and wont nec mean you have to go back and study again.

oh and just on going back and studying... if you are only 28, you have another say 40 years to work (daunting eh?!) so 3 years to make you happy and rewarded and fulfilled may not seem so bad in the long run!!

viewfromawindow Sun 12-Jun-11 11:48:13

I worked in marketing and career changed at 37. Took a year to train on PGCE for primary. Was the best move I ever did! In hindsight I was lucky as I left a marketing job in the financial sector, trained, qualified and got a job JUST before the world economy went tits up.... and everyone suddenly wanted train as a teaher! As a single parent as well I feel someone up there was looking out for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now