Talk

Advanced search

Fair recruitment? I don't think so!

(4 Posts)
Wasthisastitchup Thu 02-Jun-11 18:44:41

I am pretty upset about this and I would be glad of others views on this situation:

Briefly (hopefully)

I work for a BIG public organisation. There is an internal document open to all to see so you can check where your vacancies are up to in the process of adverts etc. You can see anything on there that is pending and recently I saw a post on there which would be a promotion from my current one. So I've been looking out for the advert. I've looked on the website we use and on the internal noticeboard on a regular basis - daily for the website. Today I noticed that post is now being shown as having been advertised for a 7 day period which has now closed. During that same period I rang recruitment and was told it hadn't been advertised yet as they hadn't been told how it was to proceed hmm I rang recruitment again today and was told it definately had been on the website and the board, it was now closed and had already been shortlisted for. I was given the name of a very senior manager involved. I have e-mailed them asking if I can make a late application but I don't hold out much hope. I just can't believe I've missed seeing the advert. I don't know why it's moved so quickly - posts are usually advertised for two weeks. I feel sick actually. Is it possible that this is a stitch up job? Is it possible that I have effectively been lied to today - and what the hell can I do about it?

Wasthisastitchup Thu 02-Jun-11 20:38:27

Bump. Anyone? Or shall I just shut myself in a cupboard and mope smile

Grevling Fri 03-Jun-11 14:00:24

There is no legal need for employers to advertise jobs - so not much that you can do legally. Is there a chance it was advertised in a section you didn't look in? Was it advertised externally only?

BarkisIsWilling Fri 03-Jun-11 21:03:59

In some public orgs, jobs are advertised to redeployees first, then others afterwards. Might this have happened here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now