Talk

Advanced search

Payrise not been given.

(3 Posts)
NearlySpring Thu 02-Jun-11 00:24:58

I work for the NHS (part of) My contract states that my pay goes up by about 4k once I have completed my end of year assessment after my first year.

I have now been there over 17 mths and still not had my assessment. I have done all the necessary training and am very confident that I can pass the assessment but have been told we are so short staffed there is nobody to do my assessment until the end of the year. I have not faced any disciplinary, my work has always been excellent and all appraisals have been positive for me so far.

There are people who started the same day as me who have already had their assessments and passed and have their pay rise already. Management have said it was "luck of the draw" that they got their assessments done before the staff cuts.

I have queried this with management and been told that I will have my pay backdated to the point of when I was there a year. However, if I leave or even get a verbal warning in the meantime then I will not get this backpay.

Any advice? Are they allowed to do this?

Thank you.

Grevling Thu 02-Jun-11 10:12:54

Really depends on what the contract states. Best take it to someone (CAB) who can read it.

RamblingRosa Thu 02-Jun-11 10:15:49

I'd speak to your union rep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: