Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me the policy?

(6 Posts)
fin54 Tue 11-Jan-11 14:04:49

I was subject to an assault by a senior member of staff while on duty as a care assistant, this was witnessed by another member of staff.
I reported this to my line manager the following morning (night duty worker) to which he told both my witness and me to submit this in writing.
This was done the following day, I would have thought that a suspension further to an investigation would have taken place but it hasn’t.
Does anyone know what the health trust policy is on this

fin54 Tue 11-Jan-11 17:17:09

?????????? really need help with this ,

flowery Tue 11-Jan-11 17:39:08

I think you may struggle to come across someone who has the specific wording of the specific Trust policy, especially with such a general thread title.

However if you haven't done so already, I would recommend two things:

Ask HR to provide you with a copy of the disciplinary and grievance procedures, plus any additional procedures that are relevant, or to point you to where to access those.

Ask your line manager to support you by finding out what normal procedure is on your behalf and enquiring why this individual has not been suspended given the seriousness of the allegations made against them. As it's a senior member of staff it is more likely your line manager will be able to get some kind of answer than if you asked directly, and your manager should be supporting you anyway.

hairyfairylights Wed 12-Jan-11 20:40:19

I'd also report it to the police!

fin54 Thu 13-Jan-11 09:57:31

Thanks Girls, will post when I have more time dealing with matters at the present time#Thanks for your help

fin54 Sat 15-Jan-11 09:45:32

Statements were taken on Thursday from all people concerned, I have submitted a sick line for work related stress for three weeks.
Nobody from management has phoned and asked if I'm ok.
I suppose I just have to wait now as it's now in the hands of HR, I was a bit surprised that it took 6 day's to be contacted as I only handed in a letter of complaint not a statement

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now