Talk

Advanced search

Could I apply to a company where I have previously turned down a job offer from them?

(5 Posts)
SquashySponge Thu 06-Jan-11 23:02:12

Or would that be embarrassing or cheeky?? The company which is advertising is a very large corporation. Will my name have been 'blacklisted'?

CointreauVersial Thu 06-Jan-11 23:04:27

Well, there's only one way to find out.....

You may not have been "blacklisted". Recruitment isn't always centralised, even in big companies.

dearprudence Thu 06-Jan-11 23:10:36

I don't think you'd be blacklisted, but if it's the same hiring manager or department they might be unwilling to spend time interviewing you.

If you're qualified for the job they should interview you. There's no harm in applying anyway. Good luck.

StillSquiffy Fri 07-Jan-11 10:27:22

Would be amazed if they even notice you applied before. I work in big org and am heavily involved in recruiting and I never know this. And from the other side I have often interviewed at orgs for second/third time.

Depending on job and org I would be tempted to bring it up and explain that opportunity wasn't right for you at the time, or similar. As a recruiter if I know that we liked you enough the first time round we will probably like you again, and I would personally change the interview to discuss n more depth the specific role and spend less time looking at competencies/CV.

But if you are applying for exactly same role then it could be slightly awkward.

Heroine Fri 07-Jan-11 12:25:29

yES! It says is that you are in demand and are in a position to make a choice - go for it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now