Talk

Advanced search

Sick Note for pregnancy migraines?!??

(5 Posts)
JumpingForJuly Sat 01-Jan-11 21:59:59

Hi,

Im 13 weeks pg and in the last week, Ive had these awful headaches that have been lasting for 2-3 days.
I rang NHS Direct last night and the nurse said that I'm getting pregnancy migraines which are common in my stage of pregnancy.

Im a care assistant so my job is pretty full on and demanding.
I was due to do a 10hr shift today but rang in sick as I woke up with another headache.
Work were very snappy and said I should of known I would of had a headache today so cover could be arranged.
I told them I was pregnant there and then on the phone, as I got the supisicion I was being accused of being hungover.

Im wondering if its at all possible that I could get a sick note from the doctors for a week? Hopefully by next week I'll be feeling so much better.

Has anyone been in this situation or know antything about sick notes etc?

LunaticFringe Sat 01-Jan-11 22:04:26

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

flowerytaleofNewYork Sat 01-Jan-11 22:06:11

"Im wondering if its at all possible that I could get a sick note from the doctors for a week?"

That's not something anyone on here can answer. Your doctor will give you a sick note for a week if he/she believes you will not be fit for work for a week.

It doesn't sound from your post as though you've asked the doctor to sign you off and he/she has said no, so a trip to your GP explaining your symptoms and your work situation is your first step. If he/she thinks you need to be signed off for a week then he/she will do so.

Amapoleon Sat 01-Jan-11 22:07:04

Best to get it checked anyway. I had bad headaches early on in pregnancy and it turned out that I had blood pressure problems.

JumpingForJuly Sat 01-Jan-11 22:18:24

Thanks for all the fast replies.

Yeah I'm definitley going to go the doctors on Tuesday because I couldnt have another week feeling like this and working full time.
The nurse said paracetmol was all I could take until I've seen the doctor, so I'm hoping he might have an idea of something which will take the headache away.

Roll on 16 weeks, thats when Ive been told I'll turn the corner and hopefully I'll start feeling like me again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: