Talk

Advanced search

Keeping in touch days

(4 Posts)
Mum2bJK Fri 03-Dec-10 15:38:21

Does anybody know if the company has to pay you your euivilant daily rate or is it a basic minimum national level for any keeping in touch days I have while on maternity leave?
Also do you know whent hey ahve to pay me? Is it int he month i work the days or are they allowed to only pay me when I come back?
thanks for your help
Jayne

hairyfairylights Fri 03-Dec-10 15:48:35

"Working in the MPP for the employer paying you SMP - Keeping in Touch (KIT) days

You can work under your contract of service for the employer paying you SMP for up to 10 days during your MPP without losing any SMP. These special days are known as KIT days.

For any KIT days that you work under your contract of service for the employer paying you SMP, your employer must pay you the SMP due for that week as a minimum. Any contractual payment for the work done as a KIT day, will depend on the agreement between you and your employer."

link to the DWP website DWP KIT Days info

Mum2bJK Fri 03-Dec-10 15:57:32

Thanks, will have to check over my contract

flowerybeanbag Fri 03-Dec-10 16:50:42

Payment is entirely negotiated between you and your employer. The only legal thing is that payment you receive has no impact on your SMP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now