Talk

Advanced search

Days back whilst attending course during maternity leave.

(6 Posts)
LauraT007 Thu 02-Dec-10 10:41:30

Whilst on maternity leave I agreed to go on an external course, total of 9 days.

I’m now due to return to work and have written to my employer outlining when I’ll be back using holidays accrued and adding the 9 days of the course.

They have turned around and said your I’m not entitled to the days back, even thought had I been working I would have been given the days.

Any advise info anyone can offer?

Bramshott Thu 02-Dec-10 10:46:38

Aren't these your "keeping in touch" days? In which case you should be paid additionally for them, rather than adding them as additional holiday.

flowerybeanbag Thu 02-Dec-10 10:46:49

If you work (for up to 10 days) during your maternity leave you are entitled to be paid, but there's no reason for an employer to give you extra paid time off instead, that would be unusual.

See paragraph on Keeping in Touch days, you can be paid for those days without losing your SMP.

plupervert Thu 02-Dec-10 10:55:55

Not sure about this, but would those count as Keeping In Touch days?

Metcalfe Thu 02-Dec-10 18:53:40

KIT days have to be agreed by both parties. You don't have an automatic right to work them and an employer cannot make you work them.

flowerybeanbag Thu 02-Dec-10 19:26:00

I think the OP has already worked them Metcalfe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now