Went for a job interview for job I'd love and was recalled to do a presentation last week. They said they'd be in touch early this week and that we needed to discuss money. I didn't exactly think it was an offer, but I did expect to hear one way or the other. Still not heard.
My difficulty is: I work from home, freelance at the moment, and lots of my regular clients are contacting me to set up contracts for next year. If I get this job I'll have to say no, but if I don't, this is all we have to live on. I've stalled on my regular clients so far, but one has offered me far more work than ever before and they need to hear soon.
I don't know what to do. Shall I contact the company and ask for a decision if they haven't been in touch by Friday? or just assume it's a no and go ahead and book in the work?
I would call them and ask for a decision. Tell them you've had another offer, and as you would prefer to work for them, you would like to give them first refusal. Don't reveal details of the offer, though, as its none of their business really!
Have you thought about whether you'd accept this job, and what salary expectations you have? It would be useful to think about that, as they MAY offer you the job on the spot!