Talk

Advanced search

Risk assessment - pregnant in snow

(6 Posts)
Moulesfrites Thu 25-Nov-10 19:10:17

I am currently 31 weeks and a teacher. I am expected to do a weekly bus duty which involves supervising pupils queuing for buses at the end of the day. I am anxious about doing it in the current snowy weather - I am terrified of slipping and it can be crowded with lots of pushing and shoving. Apparently school should have done a risk assessment for me but I am unaware of this having been done. Would I be within my rights not do do the duty under these circumstances?

scurryfunge Thu 25-Nov-10 19:13:28

Take a few steps further back to avoid the pushers and shovers.

onimolap Thu 25-Nov-10 19:19:01

Ask to see the risk assessment; I do not think it would be right for you to ignore it sight unseen.

If you think it inadequate, then you can challenge it. But unless the path is normally left dangerously slippery (which I would have thought unlikely if children are permitted regular access), then I'd be surprised if there were grounds for challenge.

KangarooCaught Thu 25-Nov-10 19:21:40

Ask to swap the duty.

ANTagony Thu 25-Nov-10 19:24:12

If you are unable to perform your normal duties past 29wks can't you be asked to start your maternity leave early?

Could you swap and do a lunchtime duty or morning bus duty when its less crowded/ busy?

Moulesfrites Thu 25-Nov-10 19:27:02

I could try and swap. I think dtartingmat leave early would be a little drastic -this is a once a week event and I am still capable of doing my job the rest of the time! I only have three weeks to go anyway. Thanks for advice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now