Talk

Advanced search

Being Brave - Need to ask for Job Description and more money

(5 Posts)
Hawkmoth Tue 23-Nov-10 13:17:11

I need to ask my employer for a new job description and to be paid in line with this.

Since coming back from Mat Leave I've been given more responsibility, but remain at the very bottom of the wrong payscale.

I'm very afraid of asking for these because

a) There isn't much money left in the budget
b) It's a very small office
c) The boss is terrible at dealing with people
c) I'm terrible at dealing with conflict of this sort

I need to do this for my own wellbeing. I was told I couldn't have more money when I came back, and the boss said "You have to prove yourself - you've been on Maternity leave". I feel under terrible pressure, not only workwise, but because I'm letting myself and my family down by being so weak and also for not providing for them properly.

Please help.

Lotster Tue 23-Nov-10 18:43:33

bump

hairytriangle Tue 23-Nov-10 20:31:56

I think you are on a hiding to nothing, in the light of a) and b) especially in this economic climate.

I would wait til your next review or appraisal - there should be a section that deals with this?

hairytriangle Tue 23-Nov-10 20:32:31

PS: does your current job description say 'and any other duties deemed appropriate and necessary'?

Hawkmoth Wed 24-Nov-10 07:28:28

I don't get appraisals or reviews.

My current job description is "provide administrative support" and that's it. I don't do any of that now and have my own projects to run.

If there was a will it would be possible to apply for more money from a central pot.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: