Talk

Advanced search

Managing boss

(4 Posts)
Speckledeggy Fri 12-Nov-10 22:47:19

I've recently started a new job. My new boss is lovely but he's an organisational nightmare and talks incessantly. I, on the other hand, am a complete control freak and know where I am up to on every single project I am up to. Much as I like to talk, I am quiet and tend to 'just get on with it'.

My boss seems incapable of using email and, despite having a daily meeting, constantly interrupts me during the day very often shouting out from his office. If I send him an email he either doesn't answer it or shouts out the answer about 20 minutes later. If I ask him a question verbally I more often that not get an answer which turns into a related story about his sister's dog's vet's brother's relationship with the woman down the road who had a wooden leg. You get the picture...

He is driving me to distraction and a couple of times today I just cut him dead. I know it's not the solution and I normally pride myself on how I deal with people at work, however, I am just stumped with him.

Does anyone have any great suggestions? This is a contract so I fear I may not be staying very long at the moment...

seeyoukay Sat 13-Nov-10 00:15:02

Hide your mobile in your pocket dial your office phone. Hang up when you leave the answer it

Tigerrevsup Sat 13-Nov-10 00:27:43

stand up whenever you see him, and say it would be so good to talk to him but you're on the way to a vvvvv important meeting. I had a colleague like this, had to get my secretary to ring me after 30mins if I was in meeting w him, or you could just set your mobile to ring.

Speckledeggy Sat 13-Nov-10 09:07:03

Great ideas, however...

I'm in a security controlled area so cannot use my mobile. I am his PA!

I've only done two weeks and I'm stressed out already. Thing is, he's not really that busy he just turns everything into a mammoth task by continually asking me if I've done this or done that. I feel like saying, "If you could just shut up for five minutes..."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now