Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever managed to actually speak to someone at HMRC about tax credits??

(13 Posts)
Bobby99 Fri 20-Aug-10 13:31:57

This is just a moan really - I've called the tax credit helpline about a million times (okay, maybe that's a slight exageration...) and I can never get through! Is it just me? And all this time that my claim is delayed is costing me money a they only backdate payments by 3 months.

belledechocolatefluffybunny Fri 20-Aug-10 22:27:34

Yes, real people do infact work there. Your best bet is to choose the 'anything else' option so you can speak to a real person! Stick with it.

cleverlyconcealed Fri 20-Aug-10 22:30:20

No.

<bangs head on desk>

And Student Finance England; they're the same.

<shoots self>

belledechocolatefluffybunny Fri 20-Aug-10 22:31:17

Give them a call at about 4pm or first thing in the morning.

Jaquelinehyde Fri 20-Aug-10 22:34:20

You will get through but you have to sit with the phone in hand hitting redial until it rings through.

I am having to ring them everyday at the moment as I haven't recieved payments for 13 weeks now and they owe me approx £1500. I just keep getting told sorry we are very busy at the moment as it is renewal deadline time. Oh and they have no upper timescale limits ie someone is cherry picking and my claim keeps getting pushed to the bottom of the pile.

Keep ringing you will get through, I really do get through every day so there is hope.

belledechocolatefluffybunny Fri 20-Aug-10 22:36:14

I've always found them very good, I get through after a few minutes on hold, they do the renewal right away.

Jaquelinehyde Fri 20-Aug-10 22:48:56

Mine isn't a renewal it's a new claim...well I went form claiming for one child to three children, and because of that I had to close my claim down and open a new one.

That was on May 29th, I am on the phone every day, every piece of information they have requested has been returned recorded delivery the same day and still they have done nothing.

Two managers in the last week, one on the enquiry line and one face to face at the tax office have sent escalation forms to the proccesing team to try and get stuff moving, but still, nothing!!

Tax credits is all I have to live off and I have gone without for 13 weeks. This is disgusting in my opinion.

Yes previously I would have agreed with you belle, never any problems, good service etc. However, this experience has made me realise how naive I had been, they are just like all other government departments...tied up in red tape, with unmotivated, poorly paid, poorly trained, unsympathetic, unhelpful staff.

Sorry for the hijack, I just needed to rant!

cleverlyconcealed Fri 20-Aug-10 22:53:35

No, I agree Jacqueline. I've never had problems getting through before (mine is a minor thing and it will wait) but this tax year it's been impossible. PITA.

Bobby99 Sat 21-Aug-10 11:00:10

Well, at least there's a lot of us in the same boat then! If only there was an email address to send queries to instead, or if they would just put me on hold in a queue...

redhappy Sat 21-Aug-10 11:41:17

Definitely worse this year!

I think they must have massively cut down on the number of staff in the call centre.

asdx2 Sat 21-Aug-10 11:54:49

Telephone them on this number instead
01355 359007
got through immediately every time grin

Bobby99 Mon 23-Aug-10 09:16:35

Thanks asdx2, that phone number is brilliant! Got straight through. You're a star!! grin

madmamma31 Wed 13-May-15 12:23:13

my eldest daughter has left home and i have phoned the hmrc non stop for three days now with no joy its so annoying and scary because you need to sort out the claim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now