Talk

Advanced search

Help I cant cope

(4 Posts)
RoseMartha Tue 16-Apr-19 09:16:12

My mum amongst other health issues has dementia. Refusing help. But constantly calling me I mean 12 times an hour. I am already really stressed as in middle of horrendous divorce while we continue to all live in same house despite the fact he has been asked to move by my solicitor more than once. Also he is abusive and one of dc is special needs.

Got to point where I can not cope with the added burden of my mothers needs.

Rung age concern yesterday they said about a group but mum is adamant will not go if I organise for her to do so.

Has anyone got advice I just cant take anymore.

MereDintofPandiculation Tue 16-Apr-19 09:59:57

I suggest you let her know that your land line no longer works/your mobile has been stolen. It's still stressful seeing a number come up, but it's better than having to answer it.

It sounds cruel and it is. But you'll be no good to anyone if you don't keep your own mental health together.

wigglypiggly Tue 16-Apr-19 10:16:35

Are you able to take mum to her g.p. and see if they can persuade her to get help, maybe the community nurse could pop in. With the phone just dont answer it, like pp said say it's broken. With your dh situation, can you call your solicitor again, is there a womens aid centre you can call, if he is being abusive are the police involved.

RoseMartha Tue 16-Apr-19 15:04:35

Thanks for replies. I contacted social services for her and they ate going to refer her for assessment and send me a carers assessment pack as she said I sounded stressed. I am waiting to see support services also.

Got to end of my tether . Sch hols not helping.

Re my other issues. Yes they are aware of situation re my home situation. But because the abuse is verbal and emotional it is harder to do anything. Have tried to leave but we wld be in one bed flat and complications as i half own house re benefits etc.

I feel my hands are tied in all directions.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: