Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a lookVisit the Dementia Talk topic

Struggling

(8 Posts)
2ndSopranos Wed 07-Feb-18 22:16:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

thesandwich Wed 07-Feb-18 22:20:53

Sorry to hear about your df. Do you have anyone in rl you can talk to? Post away here- there are lots of wise folk on here.

2ndSopranos Wed 07-Feb-18 22:51:47

2ndSopranos Wed 07-Feb-18 22:52:11

thesandwich Thu 08-Feb-18 07:57:48

Sorry soprano. Please post more as there is lots of wisdom and support.

timeistight Thu 08-Feb-18 13:40:42

Absolutely understand how you feel OP. My heart sinks every time the phone rings at home. I don't think MIL can actually make calls any more, but that doesn't take the anxiety away.

Lovely people here have been through the mill and 'get' it.

Mishappening Thu 08-Feb-18 13:43:30

It is hard - in my case it is my OH who is ill, and every time I walk into the bedroom I wonder if he will still be with us.

Is your Dad able to enjoy life still? Are there things that you could do with him that might enhance this stage of his life? It might help you to have something concrete and practical to do.

I am sure that he knows you care and that is what matters most.

flowers

RaininSummer Thu 08-Feb-18 13:44:57

It is so very sad to see a parent age, weaken and get life threatening illness. Unfortunately it is an unavoidable part of being lucky enough to have loving parents for a good long time. Try not to dwell on the gloom but think of all the lovely times you have had together and try to make visits really happy ones..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: