Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a lookVisit the Dementia Talk topic

I'm glad this section is helping so many people

(11 Posts)
ssd Sun 19-Nov-17 10:55:16

I started this section many years ago when I was looking after my old mum. She passed away over 5 years ago and of course I still miss her all the time.

But it wasnt easy caring for her alone and I started this section with the help of mnhq, to speak to others in the same boat.

I'm just glad its still going strong.

SuperDiaperBaby Sun 19-Nov-17 16:29:43

Thank you ssd for starting what for me has been a very helpful resource. I come here often to read, less often to post but I am still at an early stage in my journey. Sorry that your mum is no longer with you flowers.

ssd Sun 19-Nov-17 18:00:12

thanks

its a hard journey, I know too well.

picklemepopcorn Sun 19-Nov-17 18:18:11

It was a good idea, well done and thank you.

ajandjjmum Sun 19-Nov-17 18:39:39

Probably my age, but some many of my friends and relations are having to deal with various issues connected to their elderly parents.

A few useful resource - thanks ssd - and sending good wishes to all travelling this path.

thesandwich Sun 19-Nov-17 19:10:12

Another vote of thanks ssd.this is a wonderful corner of mumsnet for support, advice, understanding and the odd bit of humour.
flowers

hidinginthegarden Sat 13-Jan-18 22:20:56

Thank you Ssd. I'm fairly new to this section but it's already been really helpful and reassuring thanks

ZaZathecat Sun 14-Jan-18 15:25:02

I lost my mum nearly a year ago ssd and also miss her like mad. But the last few years were terrible and this forum was a real comfort and help. Thank you.

AstrantiaMajpr Sun 14-Jan-18 15:46:42

This thread was a life saver for me. So much advice and friendship when you feel so alone. Something struck me very early on and has stayed with me ever since. I was moaning about parents who whine and complain then refuse any help.
The advice was
“Don’t try to fix the unfixable”. Learn to say, “There is nothing I can do about that”

picklemepopcorn Sun 14-Jan-18 16:22:26

That's a good phrase!

AhAgain Mon 15-Jan-18 21:09:55

Thank you so much.

It is a great place to get advice and to gain perspective too. It can be incredibly difficult with aging parents and it is great to have somewhere to get support and not be judged.

Thank you smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: