Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Suspected seizure and memory loss

(3 Posts)
Cobblersandhogwash Tue 31-Oct-17 21:10:43

My mum was found slumped unconscious on the sofa early on Monday morning. She couldn’t be roused so was whisked into hospital.

They think she has had a seizure and has a lung infection. Could be linked. They don’t know. There is a lot of guesswork. Scans show no brain damage or bleeds. There was blood on the sofa where she was found.

She’s in hospital and now on antibiotics. She doesn’t recognise any of us. Blank and is agitated and constantly searching for something in her bedclothes.

She doesn’t make any sense when she talks. No improvement over last 24 hours.

Apparently it’s common for a couple of days after a seizure to feel completely disoriented.

Can an infection cause a seizure? Will she be prone to seizures then? Nobody seems to be able to say very much at this stage and I’m worried she won’t regain her memory.

Hotpinkangel19 Mon 06-Nov-17 12:09:12

Sounds very much like my Mum when she had a stroke, has that definitely been ruled out?

Cobblersandhogwash Mon 06-Nov-17 13:53:23

No stroke. They said there was no evidence of a stroke at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now