Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Care home deferred payment question

(3 Posts)
ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Sun 15-Oct-17 20:24:39

With her pension and income from renting out her house my mum will probably only have enough money each month to pay for half her care home fees, so we are going to have to go down the deferred payment route.
Does anyone know how it works. Do the council pay all the fee's or do we pay 50% of the fees each month ?

thesandwich Mon 16-Oct-17 16:56:14

If I recall rightly from mil the council took all her income bar a small weekly pocket money amount and then paid the rest which was payable from her estate. Age uk will be able to advise.
Has she had an nhs assessment ? If she’s is assessed as needing nursing care the nhs will fund an amount for that but it is v hard to get. Good luck.

ICantFindAFreeNickName2 Mon 16-Oct-17 22:31:36

Thanks Sandwich. She has had a nhs assessment, but I'm not sure how much they will fund - my siblings are doing most of the meetings etc as they live a lot closer.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now