Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Wheelchair recommendations????

(6 Posts)
MaeMobley Tue 09-May-17 18:06:40

Hi all,

my mother is over 130 kgs. The wheelchairs needs to fold to go in the car.

TIA

Wecks Tue 09-May-17 18:56:16

I can't recommend one but I can suggest you don't buy one without trying it.
DM is about 10 stone and she bought a light folding chair. I'm not very strong and really struggle to get it in and out of car and pushing it is incredibly hard work. I've also borrowed those sturdy ones they have at garden centres and even they are hard to push.

thesandwich Wed 10-May-17 09:37:27

Echo what wecks said. We got one as an emergency measure from a charity shop but it is incredibly heavy. Could you visit a mobility aids shop? Mediquip here are quite helpful. Is a scooter type thing possible that breaks down into pieces? I imagine the more expensive ones will be lighter. Battery packs are also an option but again are heavy to lift.

MaeMobley Wed 10-May-17 14:40:53

Thanks for the input. I looked in Argos & other places but you are right we need to try out.

thesandwich Wed 10-May-17 16:50:28

Some Halfords do them! Top tip- have something like a rug etc to protect your boot/ bumper!

MaeMobley Sun 14-May-17 12:00:02

Halfords?! I would have never thought. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now