Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Does anyone know about house clearance?

(3 Posts)
BusyCee Thu 23-Jun-16 14:05:41

I'm next of kin to my elderly grandmother. She's just moved out of two bed apartment to a studio flat and we need to clear out her old apartment for sale. I don't even know where to start.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a house clearance company? What about a charity? Do they take the lot, or will we be left with 'bits'?

So much to think about in the midst of our own family chaos. Although she's much happier now and I'm pleased she's so relaxed about it.

Kwirrell Thu 23-Jun-16 14:38:05

We used St Francis Hospice. They were fantastic. They offer two levels of service. A free one where they take just what they can sell. Or a pay for service.

My mum had a huge house full to the brim. They came and did an estimate and it was about £600 p,us VAT. They took away everything and left the house vacuumed and clean.

I got a call to say that they had to force open some drawers back at the depot and found some personal and some valuable items. They arranged for them to be delivered to a local Hospice shop close to my home as I could not get to,their depot.

BusyCee Thu 23-Jun-16 14:46:54

They sound lovely. I'll look them up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now