Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Can you recommend a shower attachment that can stretch from separate sink taps to bath? about 3 metres?

(5 Posts)
lavenderdoilly Fri 05-Feb-16 13:35:30

Hi poorly mum ( in 80s with cancer) misses a shower. Refit of bathroom, while needed, would be too disruptive at the mo. Her shower is rubbish but with some attachments and carer help she could set in it for a proper wash. Occ Therapist showed her one on her phone but didn't leave details or send them to me. Tracking OT person down but would appreciate collective MN wisdom for product suggestions. Any ideas?

dementedpixie Fri 05-Feb-16 16:36:20

Can you not get the ones that attach to the bath taps and then they wouldn't have to stretch that far?

lavenderdoilly Fri 05-Feb-16 17:41:04

That's the problem, pixie. For reasons too tedious to explain to do with water pressure, the shower head built in to bath taps is hopeless. The OT person got back to me but their suggestion is too short.

SecretSquirrels Sat 06-Feb-16 14:10:38

My DM is having a similar problem. OT provided a seat for the shower but the hose doesn't reach (and she doesn't want the rainforest effect). You can get a 3 metre shower hose from amazon.

lavenderdoilly Sat 06-Feb-16 20:31:46

Thanks, secret. Hope your mum can have a comfy shower now. We just can't get a useable flow from the existing set up and wanted to use the sink taps but they are just too far for a normal adapter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now