Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

MIL has passed away

(8 Posts)
Rainicorn Wed 17-Jun-15 09:55:13

She went peacefully in her sleep this morning.

She's been ill for over a year now, had cancer, COPD, heart failure and numerous other things wrong with her.

She went on her own terms rather than in pain. I'm so glad she is at rest now as it has been heartbreaking watching her decline so much.

FujimotosElixir Wed 17-Jun-15 10:00:33

im sorry for yours and obviously your dh's loss, flowers

CMOTDibbler Wed 17-Jun-15 10:03:51

I'm so sorry for your loss flowers

whataboutbob Wed 17-Jun-15 10:50:55

Sorry for your loss. I remember from your posts, you did so much for her. Your mind should be at peace you were there to help her.

Rainicorn Wed 17-Jun-15 16:27:53

Thank you.

I did so inch for her Bob, even gave up work to support her. What am I going to do with my time? Who will I complain about now.

I am so relieved she is no longer in pain, she was so unhappy.

Needmoresleep Wed 17-Jun-15 17:33:26

Rainicorn, first you probably need a good rest. You will be surprised how drained you are, physically and emotionally. Really allow yourself to put yourself first. Things will evolve from there, so no need to worry now. One slight silver lining is that looking after the frail and elderly we know how important our own time is.

In the meantime flowers flowers

Needmoresleep Wed 17-Jun-15 17:34:27

I'm a dunce. What I meant was flowers flowers

twentyten Wed 17-Jun-15 22:09:16

Oh rain icon I am so sorry for your loss. Have seen many of your posts- you did so much. Give yourself time to grieve and think about what you really want to do. thanksthanksthanksthanks For you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now