Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Mum in hospital again. Some bloody holiday!

(5 Posts)
Theas18 Sun 02-Nov-14 21:20:55

Follow on from my rudeness post ....

Actually after that evening we had an absolutely lovely day and a half, yup they were hard work at times but it settled down. Complicated only by some idiot rear ending up whilst stationary sad amazingly no one hurt though.

However on the journey home, over the space of about 2hrs mum went from not wanting any food ( late lunch/ early tea at 5 pm as we had a big breakfast) to feeling unwell, to full on fever rigors and confusion.

Got to local urgent care as she insisted on going home and we were 999 to a&e. I thought she was dying.

So she's in hospital again - pneumonia/uti. Quite a lot better than she was but still a long was from going home I fear. Dad is in respite ( it was considerate of her to get ill mid week!) and whilst not happy about it he's accepting of it. The ward is really awful. I drove over yesterday to be told I couldn't see a doctor and I could ring Monday to talk about her blood results. Ended up on her " home" ward ( they had no beds) in tears but they sent the haematologist down to review her and he came and talked me through everything ( and he's seen her today) so I feel a bit happier. However she's missed/ been given wrong meals, hasn't got various " minor" prescriptions yet etc etc.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself as I'm back to work tomorrow - possibly more shattered than before I went and facing a week with a crucial member down. Argh!

Oh well maybe she can manage yo get home 11/11 when my sister flies in from Spain for a whole 4 days lol!

Sorry just offloading sad

Needmoresleep Mon 03-Nov-14 00:38:14

thanks and lots of sympathy

And take care of yourself as best you can.

KikitheKitKat Fri 07-Nov-14 10:31:57

More flowers from me too, all I can do is empathise.

Seriouslyffs Fri 07-Nov-14 10:34:05

Oh Theas flowers

Needmoresleep Mon 10-Nov-14 11:45:03

How is it going Thea?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now