Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Do I need to spend extra money on that?

(2 Posts)
JessicaMorales Thu 30-Oct-14 04:37:58

My mother is living alone and as a daughter it is my duty to secure her by all means. I have hired a new medical alert pendant from My Alarm Care Canada for her recently. Do I need to install a separate home security alarm for her? Even though both serve different purposes their basic objective is almost same that is to inform others in case of a danger. Do I need to spend extra money on that? What do you think?

JeanSeberg Thu 30-Oct-14 16:24:13

Do you mean an intruder alarm? Personally I wouldn't bother but I've never had one myself and wouldn't class myself as security-conscious so I'm sure other people will think differently. In my opinion most people ignore a sounding alarm so not sure it will inform others there's a danger.

As your mum lives alone, it might be a good idea to get contact details for her neighbours. I had regular 'scares' when I couldn't get through to my mum as she hadn't heard the phone so it was useful to have a neighbour able to pop round and check she was OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now