Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Morpeth/Ashington Nursing homes: advice please...

(1 Post)
MrTumblesCrackWhore Wed 05-Feb-14 14:39:14

My 92 year old grandpa had a stroke two weeks ago and has been in hospital...up until that point he had been independently living in the house he and my grandmother shared before she died last year, with a brief respite stay in the residential home, Loansdean, in Morpeth. The hospital have now said we can consider nursing home care for him but since Loansdean, which would be his preferred choice, do not provide nursing, we now have to find an alternative.

We've been given a list but I just wanted to know if anyone has any recent experience of any nursing homes in the area. I don't live near and can't make it up to the NE until half term and just wanted to gather opinions in advance.

I've got a family member who can visit some in the mean time - I was hoping they could go and see Northlands, Bridge View and Chester Court, as a starting point.

Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now