Talk

Advanced search
Affected by Dementia? We have a new Talk topic specifically for Dementia, please do pop over and take a look

Visit the Dementia Talk topic

Is it normal to feel such resentment?

(4 Posts)
anorangesmurf Wed 07-Sep-11 05:55:12

I have put a post somewhere off the beaten track. Would appreciate people with experience of this topic having a look.

bananatrifle Wed 07-Sep-11 06:09:03

My mother drives me mad on more and more regular occasions. What's your situation?

FruStefanLindman Wed 07-Sep-11 19:03:44

I've read your other post, anorangesmurf. That is terribly sad.

Whatever your Dad's motives were, it seems rather unfair that he and Granny overruled your Mum who, maybe not defining exactly why she didn't want her mother to move in with them, was probably well aware of the kind of impact it could have on them (your parents) with her moving in.

I don't have personal experience of this particular situation, but I can only sympathise with your own concerns. It seems awful that Granny is virtually being ignored by your parents (thank heavens she has nice carers helping her and she has you to visit also).

I've seen you've got a couple of really nice responses on your other thread and agree that maybe a lovely care home for Granny is the way to go? But I realise it's probably not your choice.

But I can't answer your Q about 'resentment', I'm afraid.

ssd Wed 07-Sep-11 22:15:58

sorry, op, I can't find the thread you're refering to?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now