Talk

Advanced search

Any police/fire/Dr/or other people with occupations that help people ?

(12 Posts)
bensmum3 Mon 15-Aug-05 23:13:58

Hi,
I'm covering the topic of people that help us next term, but am struggling to find appropriate pictures/resources to use with 4yr olds locally. If anyone works in one of these occupations and could help I would love to hear from you. Thankyou.

Aimsmum Mon 15-Aug-05 23:15:26

Message withdrawn

colditz Mon 15-Aug-05 23:17:06

My dad is a police man, what sort of things are you after?

Flossam Mon 15-Aug-05 23:18:25

Dp's a PC and I'm a nurse if thats any use, don't know what you would want from us though .

Pixiefish Mon 15-Aug-05 23:19:57

Teacher's help children learn bensmum3- I'm r you've loads on that

lucy5 Mon 15-Aug-05 23:20:36

My dd covered this at school last year and alongiside police etc they looked at all sorts of jobs. She had a trip to hairdressers and beauticians and an indian restruant[sp] she loved it.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 15-Aug-05 23:33:52

What about lollypop ladies? I am not one but at that age they will starting school soon and see them there.

serah Mon 15-Aug-05 23:45:11

I can probably get hold of some road safety education stuff if that would help?

As Awen suggested, they would probably identify with Lollipop ladies (bit PC where I'm from - I suspect pictures of Lollipop men will crop up!!)

Let me know and I can ring a few contacts, and see what pictures/resources I can get if you are interested

serah Mon 15-Aug-05 23:45:11

I can probably get hold of some road safety education stuff if that would help?

As Awen suggested, they would probably identify with Lollipop ladies (bit PC where I'm from - I suspect pictures of Lollipop men will crop up!!)

Let me know and I can ring a few contacts, and see what pictures/resources I can get if you are interested

bensmum3 Tue 16-Aug-05 00:06:53

Thankyou all, I'm looking for any information with nice bright pictures that we can talk about, ie of a policeman etc. All the resources I've come across have far too much detailed information and not enough pictures to stimulate discussion and keep a 4 yr olds interest.
We don't have a policeman/lollipop lady/shops etc where we live, but Iam hoping to get visits to the fireshed, coastguard and the Dr to visit.

Aimsmum Tue 16-Aug-05 00:14:04

Message withdrawn

bensmum3 Tue 16-Aug-05 20:25:51

Hi Aimsmum, Sorry for not keeping you up to date re the gameboy, I have been chasing the local post office, but the post mistress has been on holiday, anyway I have the certificate of posting so will email you. I have a big space to fill re; people who help us, so any bright info would be great. Thankyou.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now