Talk

Advanced search

Think that I just accused ds nursery teacher of smacking him

(4 Posts)
emily05 Fri 15-Jul-05 13:59:00

ds is nearly 3 - started nursery recently.
Last week his nursery teacher who is called Lilly told me he is over excited around other children and jumps on them and stuff and that he was a little pickle.

anyway just now as I was getting ready to take him to nursey he was waffling away and said that "lilly taught him a lesson". I asked him what that was and he said "she smacked me". After probing it appears that lilly smacked his leg because he was naughty jumping on the children.

Of-course my first thought was that his nursery teacher smcked him. I quizzed him and he was adamant and his story didnt change and I really dont think that he was fibbing.
Anyway he kept saying that Lilly was little. SO I reckon Lilly could be a child and not the teacher.

I wasnt going to mention it, but when I dropped him off and saw him run off I just had this instinct to check it out just incase.

There was a lady stood at the door - who always greets the mums (I think that she is a general manager). I asked her if there was a child called lilly at the nursery. She said no and asked me why and I explained what happened.

She said that she would have a word with Lilly, but that she was sure there was nothing in it as if one of the assistants smacked a child that would be their career over. I said that I didnt think that it was lilly, but had to check that this wasnt their disciplining technique.

Now I am mortified that I am going to have to face Lilly in a couple of hours when I pick ds up! I really hope that she doesnt think that I was causing trouble.

Do you think that I did the right thing?

MamaMaiasaura Fri 15-Jul-05 14:02:54

I dont think you could do anything else. You are your childs champion and it is your duty to protect them.

Hulababy Fri 15-Jul-05 14:03:32

But you are rigt to ask for this to be looked into - incase it has happened. I am sure nursery would understand this.

Hope you get some answers later on.

emily05 Fri 15-Jul-05 14:28:30

thanks for answering. I think that you are both right. If I hadnt have mentioned it I would have been wondering every time I drop him off.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now