Talk

Advanced search

Bute House Prep Hammersmith

(12 Posts)
Anush Wed 24-Feb-10 18:27:40

We are moving into the are and have been offered a place at Bute House (7+ entry) Does anybody have first hand experience of the school?

Thanks

SofaQueen Fri 26-Feb-10 05:49:44

I don't have first hand experience at Bute House, but a friend of mine sends her older daughter there.

First, congratulations on the acceptance! My friend's daughter is over the moon at Bute. Amazing academically yet not a hot-house atmosphere. Amazing facilities and space on top of it. She is in her first year there and much happier here than here previous school (a S. Ken all girls school which was very academic, but more pressured).

NappyValleyMum Fri 26-Feb-10 16:47:16

I'd be interested in any views as well...

NappyValleyMum Thu 04-Mar-10 12:07:20

bump

Yingers74 Fri 05-Mar-10 18:58:51

The only note of caution I would give for Bute is that attending Bute does not mean automatic entry into St Pauls girls. If the main draw is St Pauls you may want to bear this in mind.

Anush Fri 05-Mar-10 23:27:56

i think it is too early at 7 to decide if SPGS is right school for our daughter. Also I'm sure she'll have a say at 11!
However we would like a school which encourages her to develop as a person, pushes her academically and also provides her with plenty of extra-curricular activites. Bute House is rare in that it does not stream, provide grades etc. It describes itself as non-competitive, I'm not sure how well this works. From past experience it is easy to get 'lost' sometimes it is reassuring to know where you rank also it is good to know your weaknesses compared to your peers.

Yingers74 Sat 06-Mar-10 14:30:31

Have you gone to visit other prep schools in the area?

I have experience of two prep schools in ealing and neither of them stream or provide grades. The local states actually stream more!

Good luck with whatever you decide, am sure you will make the right choice.

putneymumof2 Tue 15-Jun-10 20:55:17

Just wondering what you have decided re Bute and if you got any other interesting feedback on the school? There was a rumour that the head was leaving (from a mum with a daughter at Bute), but apparently that was vehemently denied by the head herself when asked about it.

TaffyBogle Tue 15-Jun-10 21:46:56

I think she's due to resign in a few years time. Can any of the current parents please comment ...

BrookGreen Tue 21-Jun-11 22:46:27

Just wondering if you decided to have you DD go to Bute and if so if she is happy there?

starkadder Thu 23-Jun-11 12:36:47

I went to Bute. It was (ahem) quite a while ago but I really loved it.

Hema2017 Sat 11-Mar-17 23:23:52

Dear All, any one whose DD joining Bute 4+ next September 2018... cheers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now