Talk

Advanced search

How do you find a tutor? Can you contact a school?

(6 Posts)
gramercy Sun 21-Feb-10 17:11:19

I want to find a tutor/teacher for ds in a subject they don't do at his school.

There is one 'tutor agency' in the locality, but they do not offer this subject

There is a top public school down the road, and I wondered if it would be possible to enquire if there was a teacher (master?!) there who does tutoring as a sideline.

Does anyone have any idea how I might approach the school? I have no idea whether this sort of thing is 'not done' and if I need to employ a more roundabout route.

Any advice welcome!

mnistooaddictive Sun 21-Feb-10 17:21:48

Contact the public school and ask for head of department in area the subject lies. Alternatively put an advrt in local paper or see if there is one there already.

chocices Sun 21-Feb-10 19:12:11

Alternatively put an advert on gumtree. Or if there's a university near you, advertise there, as you may well get students who are knowledgable on the subject, and would be willing to tutor.

bloss Mon 22-Feb-10 20:11:13

Message withdrawn

gramercy Tue 23-Feb-10 09:08:26

Ta, all.

And thanks for the info, bloss. Now I know any contact I make with a school isn't going to be regarded with complete disdain!

SouthernTutors Mon 03-Jan-11 22:15:29

Dear Gramercy,

At the risk of blowing my own trumpet go to

www.southerntutors.co.uk. We might not be in your area, but will certainly give you some advice!

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now