Talk

Advanced search

Do your children get money/vouchers for prize day?

(8 Posts)
Milliways Tue 12-Jul-05 20:47:00

DD is looking forward to prize day next week as she usually does well. Last year she got £35 in vouchers + a huge tub of haribo, along with usual certificates.

Now she is just one child, in one year of a huge (state) school. How much of the budget goes on prizes?

Is this usual? TBH,if they had never had vouchers, she would have been pleased with the "honour".

Aimsmum Tue 12-Jul-05 20:51:24

Message withdrawn

FrenchGirl Tue 12-Jul-05 20:54:48

DD got a nice poetry book last year (in reception). Don't think it cost then £35!... But it's a private school so I guess we paid for it anyway....

Milliways Tue 12-Jul-05 21:04:15

Her prizes were all individual £5 & £10 vouchers. Some are book tokens, the rest are High Street/shopping centre vouchers.

helsi Tue 12-Jul-05 21:04:55

not got a child at chool but when I was at school we got a book token every year.

Janh Tue 12-Jul-05 21:08:09

Prizes? Prizes? Whassat then?

Our grammar school gives prize winners, about a dozen in each year plus extras, a book to the value of x (dunno what x is) - pupil chooses book, school presents it (with bookplate in presumably).

After 21 child-years of grammar school we're still waiting for one of them to win something - I think the honour is the main thing.

Janh Tue 12-Jul-05 21:10:31

Our primary school didn't do prizes at all btw - there was a progress shield for each junior year each term and that was it. Out of 48 child-terms one child of ours got it once...

Bitter? Moi?

Milliways Tue 12-Jul-05 21:24:20

Our primary school only has "pupil of the week" etc that everyone gets at least once! DD is at secondary school, but got 12 prizes last yr!!!

Hope DS doesn't feel hard done by if he doesn't get the same when he is older!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now