Talk

Advanced search

Montessori...how much per hour/term, and is it worth it?

(10 Posts)
lmccrean Fri 08-Jul-05 15:14:06

And anyone here ever set up a Montessori Nursery?
(Im talking about official ones, not "montessori styled" ones)

BigMelons Fri 08-Jul-05 15:15:53

i know someone who has who makes a packet

charge a full time child about 1k a month (not in london)

sent mine there but wasnt impressed tbh, i think it was more a money making venture than a love of the montessouri method

PeachyClair Fri 08-Jul-05 15:39:11

My lads went to a Montessori in Bridgwater, 9 - 1 were the hours. When they left (a few weeks ago) it was £17.50 a session, reduced obviously when they hit childcare voucher age. They took a packed lunch, it wasn't provided.

Sending them to the Montessori was one of the best decision I ever made, I only wish there was one near our new home [sad}. the teacher is now a lifelong friend and it was worth every single penny

lmccrean Fri 08-Jul-05 15:47:48

I was thinking...Montessori, with proper full training. Only organic food and using cloth nappies, and other environmentaly friendly living "things" like toiletries and household goods ( I already do this at home). Possibly having those web cam things, with passwords for parents, so only they can view us.

Anyone any ideas of what would make their perfect nursery?

PeachyClair Fri 08-Jul-05 16:59:41

tbh, THE MAIN DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE GREAT MONTESSORI AND THE CRAP ORDINARY ONES WERE (APART FROM THE PROPER MONTESSORI TECHNIQUE) THE FACT THAT IF I NEEDED IT, I COULD HAVE A CHAT AND FEEL WELCOME AND PART OF EVERYTHING AT TH MONTESSORI, OTHERS JUST WANTED ME OUT DOOR QUICK!

Arabica Fri 08-Jul-05 18:47:43

My DS goes part-time to a Montessori childminder who is in the process of opening a Montessori nursery. I didn't know anything about Montessori ideas until we found her but now that I've seen the calm, practical environment she has created and how children of all ages thrive in it, I'd recommend Montessori to anyone. Beware of imitators, however.

Arabica Fri 08-Jul-05 18:48:51

Sorry, forgot to say we pay £286 per month for 3 half-days a week which includes snack and lunch(I think it's £22 a session).

Creole Fri 08-Jul-05 19:19:39

My son currently goes to a montessori nursery and they charge £600 per month for a full-time place in SE London .
Despite the cost, it is worth every penny, the staff really care about the kids and I would recommend it to anyone.

Tanzie Fri 08-Jul-05 22:26:00

I loved my DD's Montessori Nursery in SE London. It was fantastic for her and she came on leaps and bounds, esp with her English.

Unfortunately, the mothers were the snottiest bunch of Boden clad Sloane Rangers I've ever met.

englishpatient Sun 24-Jul-05 17:59:12

Anyone know any good Montessori nurseries in Shropshire?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now