Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

It is amazing what kids can acheive.....

(11 Posts)
beetroot Sat 02-Jul-05 08:25:00

Message withdrawn

ggglimpopo Sat 02-Jul-05 09:09:51

Message withdrawn

beetroot Sat 02-Jul-05 09:11:49

Message withdrawn

batters Sat 02-Jul-05 09:31:04

Wow, beetroot, that sounds wonderful .

Well done to them and to you.

LittleStarsweeper Sat 02-Jul-05 09:45:22

How lovely, it makes it all feel worth it.

beetroot Sat 02-Jul-05 10:49:10

Message withdrawn

Marina Sat 02-Jul-05 11:02:29

Hope it all goes with a swing, Beety. Playing Viola in a local theatre festival at 15 got me into my line of work and a lifelong passionate love of theatre. In ten years' time some hunky chap might be raving in their pre-Broadway transfer Jonathan Ross interview about you and how they first got drawn into acting by their School production and a gorgeous woman director...
My director was the archetypal am-dram loony bachelor but he was really inspiring and imaginative now I look back on it all. I bet none of the cast you have directed will need nostalgia and hindsight to appreciate you!

beetroot Sat 02-Jul-05 11:37:50

Message withdrawn

Enid Sat 02-Jul-05 11:38:43

fantastic beety

you should be very proud

beetroot Sat 02-Jul-05 15:49:41

Message withdrawn

Marina Mon 04-Jul-05 09:57:48

It didn't rain much here...hope the same for you.
Our director never pushed anyone hard in the direction of acting, beety...but he came up with some cracking audition suggestions.

Of my immediate youth theatre gang:

1 got a place at Rose Bruford and is now senior stage manager at the BBC

1 runs a successful business combining improv cabaret and workplace training

1 is a BBC journalist

1 runs a TIE company locally

1 got a place at Central but passed it up to go to "real" university ...but knows deep down she would never have made it as an actor....

I don't include Jude Law in that lot because he was much younger than us, but he went there too!

People who get teens to love theatre and acting are wonderful, wonderful people beety

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now