Talk

Advanced search

Can someone explain KS1 SATS results to me please?

(16 Posts)
rickman Tue 28-Jun-05 19:07:06

Message withdrawn

hana Tue 28-Jun-05 19:11:13

Curriculum areas are broken down into levels ( ie levels 1 - 7) with 7 being the top score. Within a yeargroup, there will be an average attainment - maybe a level 4. Try doing a search for SATS results, but does depend on the subject and the year that your daughter is in for it to mean anything
if indeed they really do mean anything

hana Tue 28-Jun-05 19:12:10

that doesnt really help sorry
an't do fancy links, need to get kids into bed but a search for National Curriculum Levels should bring something up

rickman Tue 28-Jun-05 19:13:53

Message withdrawn

homemama Tue 28-Jun-05 19:26:00

Rickman, KS1 SATS are a mixture of tests and teacher assessment.
At the end of Y2, if a child is 'on target' they are expected to get level 2. If doing very well they may get level 3. The levels are split into A, B and C. With A being the highest. So, when they just reach level 2, they are 2C, if bang in middle 2B and if meeting it well they are 2A.
This is just a rough guide.
BTW, I have seen many children only just manage a level 2 who go on to get a good level 4 at Y6.
Hope this helps a little

bee3 Tue 28-Jun-05 19:43:39

Have a look at this thread as it could help answer your questions...HTH

nutcracker Tue 28-Jun-05 19:52:20

AFAIK Rickman, a child in year 2 shoudl be working at level 2, at least thats what we have been told.

I think it goes 2c, 2b, 2a with 2a being top of level 2. They can also get level 3 in year two though, which is next years level.

Please someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong as I find it all a bit confusing too.

I hope dd gets given hers in her report too as she has told me what she got but I want to see if it's right.

rickman Tue 28-Jun-05 20:58:11

Message withdrawn

janeybops Tue 28-Jun-05 21:00:40

level 3 for year 2 is above the national average - that is expected level for end of year 4

Fimbo Tue 28-Jun-05 21:05:57

We got the reports yesterday but no SAT's results due to a computer failure with LEA!

homemama Tue 28-Jun-05 21:17:06

If she got 3s and one 2A then she's attaining above average.
The adjusted 2B probably means that she rises to the occassion in tests

rickman Wed 29-Jun-05 16:37:34

Message withdrawn

rickman Mon 04-Jul-05 10:08:25

Message withdrawn

batters Mon 04-Jul-05 10:33:24

Rickman, I went and asked dd's teacher the very same question last week. And got exactly the same answer as Mumsnetters have given here!!

It is strange isn't it, I've spent the whole year muttering that I don't believe in testing for 7 year olds etc but still wanted to know exactly what dd's results meant! She did very, very well and got Spongebob Squarepant's Typing Game as a result .

QueenEagle Mon 04-Jul-05 10:37:51

rickman - all credit to you too if your dd has done so well. dd can't have suffered as much as you think if she has done so well. Those grades are excellent. Well done rickgirl!

rickman Mon 04-Jul-05 10:43:26

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now