Talk

Advanced search

Ive put in for a transfer for ds!

(2 Posts)
invisiblegirl Mon 20-Jun-05 16:52:34

Ive been to see a school today which I would like ds to go to. Ive posted previously about bullying and the way the school as a whole deal with these things (or not) plus generally Im not happy with the current school. This would mean a transfer in September as ds is going into year 4. It would also mean that he leaves his friends at his old school and makes new ones. He is quite a shy and quiet boy and now Im worried in case Im pushing him into something. He originally said he wouldnt go but a financial award has helped him change his mind ! (wants to buy rabbit and stuff). The school Ive just been to has brilliant results, is bright and airy and larger than the current one. They have a brilliant IT suite and interactive whiteboards in all the classrooms. They learn languages from year 3 (German, then French then Spanish) as the school they feed is a language college (dd goes to that one). They have a place for him and I've delivered the transfer form to the LEA this afternoon too, so could be offered a place within the next day or two. Please assure me im doing the right thing.

homemama Mon 20-Jun-05 19:04:47

The new school sounds fab. Ultimately, you've got to do what's right for your child. He may be a little anxious to start with but I'm sure he'll be ok in the long run and he'll benefit from all the exciting resources.
Go for it - but let his new teacher know the history so she can help him fit in by encouraging the other kids to show him around etc.
Hope he settles well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now