Talk

Advanced search

How much do you pay for your playscheme?

(7 Posts)
Fio2 Mon 20-Jun-05 16:20:31

looking for a normal average rate. ours seems quite expensive, but tbh i have never used one before so are unaware how much they usually cost

TIA

KatyMac Mon 20-Jun-05 20:01:32

I run one that will cost £15 for half day or £29 for full day

But I'm sending my daughter to one that costs £10 for a fullday

C/Ming in this area costs about £3 phr - so you can judge how comparable it is

coppertop Mon 20-Jun-05 20:35:11

The playschme that ds1 and ds2 will be going to is £2.50 each for a 2hr session. This is probably very cheap though.

Milliways Mon 20-Jun-05 21:37:59

I used to pay £20 (£18 if booked long way in advance) per day for DD & DS to use the sports centre club, 8am to 6pm daily. It was pricey but they swam every day (club had sole use), + trampolining, badminton, roller skates, visiting forces, sports tutors etc, arts & crafts& they LOVED it. It stopped running last summer when council changed rules & they were not allowed to employ student helpers so could not afford to only employ fully trained staff (rather than some helpers).

We do go to a fantastic camp on a farm for £57 per week, runs from 10am to 4pm, but only open for 3 weeks & a long drive each day.

MIL is now retired and free

Fio2 Tue 21-Jun-05 06:28:38

oh maybe its okay then (hehe janh, people did reply after all)

my dd has been offered a place at two different places, they are both SN playsche4mes, one place local; to me has been offered for 3 (!!!) days over the six weeks at 10 pound a day (10-3) and the other one is over a 2 week period at 8 pound a day (10-3) again. Does that sound about the going rate then?

KatyMac Tue 21-Jun-05 07:25:02

I'd say very reasonable (and probably grant assisted)

tigermoth Tue 21-Jun-05 07:58:38

afterschool playscheme, 2 hours, 5 days a week - £30.00 a week

holiday playcub run at local hospital - 8 am to 6 pm - £14.00 a day. That's the average price around here, though some of the private p
playschemes are more expensive.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now