loader

Talk

Advanced search

I spent most of the day in a wood in torrential rain & I had a fab time

(12 Posts)
Katymac Tue 03-Nov-09 21:08:48

On an Early Years Outdoor learning course

It was great all about getting children outside & learning

It's so good for them - but I need to get waterproofs for the children (expensive - ouch)

HSMM Tue 03-Nov-09 21:17:21

I want to get some good waterproofs for my mindees, so we can spend lots of time in the woods and fields over winter, but the cost is a bit prohibitive.

violetqueen Tue 03-Nov-09 21:21:48

Decathalon do fantastic value stuff - 2 branches in London ,not sure where else .
www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/your-decathlon-store-10695863/

Katymac Tue 03-Nov-09 21:33:32

& remember I'd need to buy shed loads
- 12 under 5's plus the school age ones

God alone knows how many (to account for sizes) & how much that would cost

WshosheBANG Tue 03-Nov-09 21:40:30

katy I put a wanted on Freecycle, and got 5 trousers and tops, and half a dozen all in ones!

What I didnt need I shared with other CM's and I have been lucky that as mindees have grown out of waterproof stuff, parents have given me them, I have wellies coming out of my ears.

Katymac Tue 03-Nov-09 21:47:41

I'm the same with wellies - but I can't get parents even to bring spare clothes hmm

Our local Freecycle is a little flawed atm (but I have great hopes of the moderators sorting it out)

But where would I put them all - can you imagine storing 12 plus of them

WshosheBANG Tue 03-Nov-09 22:07:21

I must admit that is a problem, I have stacking boxes in the utility with the wellies, and have bought a vacumn tote bag for the waterproofs and the sunsuits when squashed they all fit in one drawer of a plastic drawer set.

FimbleHobbs Thu 05-Nov-09 12:56:14

DD goes to Forest School and we provide her waterproofs, I would never expect nursery or a CM to provide them. It would be expensive and impractical what with children growing all the time.

We got our from muddy puddles and they are great quality - lets face it cheap ones are a false economy as they do get a lot of wear!

Katymac Thu 05-Nov-09 21:58:54

It's funny I would never have dreamed of asking my parents

But I have been raving about the course and loads of people have said they would/will buy them

I was amazed - & so chuffed

Now I just need to source them & the parents will order through me (& see if we can get a discount)

Waswondering Thu 05-Nov-09 22:06:55

I wouldn't mind if my nursery asked me to provide this. If I took them home it would mean I can use them in my own time too.

By the way - we had a letter home from nursry asking if we had any outgrown wellies that we didn't know what to do with - they would like them so that all the kids can get out on really wet days to splash! I thought that was really sensible and am delighted to find a willing home for old wellies!

Katymac Thu 05-Nov-09 22:15:40

I have about 30 pairs - storage is always a problem

UniS Fri 06-Nov-09 19:40:00

My lad has had full waterproofs since before he was walking. Ask your mindees parents and you may well find the kids have them already.

Regatta/peter storm do an all in one for about 12 quid, and Aldi/ Lidl seem to do jacket and dungerees once a year for about 7 quid. WAY cheaper than muddy puddles.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now