Talk

Advanced search

child just started at secondary school? i have problem with instant adolescence

(2 Posts)
cloelia Wed 14-Oct-09 22:12:00

My daughter has just started at a huge comprehensive (270 children in Yr 7). She seems to have grown up 3 years in 3 months. Does anyone have any advice on how to deal with issues such as sudden interest in clothes, going out, boys, sex ... any good websites for parents of new teenagers? (I know she is only 11 but teen stuff is what I need). New to Mumsnet so not sure if this is an area of concern for anyone else!

Ivykaty44 Wed 14-Oct-09 23:13:52

I don't know of any websites, but if you stick around there may be someone along with an older child or two that have been through the year 7 stage of dc changing out of all recognision...

year 7 is or can be a tough one, they suddenly find there feet and want to be off and doing as they see the older ones.

plus all their hormones are rushing around going wizz so it can be a case of fine tunes balancing.

Let the same stuff go and pick only majar battles is often the way to go for them to strech the boundaries and you to keep control of the bigger issues.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now