Talk

Advanced search

Question about writing

(2 Posts)
YummyMummy21 Wed 14-Oct-09 21:06:17

Hi there,

DD is 4.9 and has been in her full-time Reception class for 5 weeks. She has been able, for a while to write a few letters without aids, and the rest by looking an copying.

She is now beginning to write words/ sentances, and at the moment loves to make birthday cards and party invites for her teddies etc. She asks me to spell out words she doesnt know/ cant sound out, which she then writes.

Questions is: when she is writing she well mix lower case (little) and upper case (big)letters together for example hAPPy BiThdAy. Should I continue letting her do this free writing? Or should I be correcting her?

At the moment she is just making words and enjoying 'writting' so dont want to ruin it my making a fuss and correcting her each time, but also dont want her to get into a habbit that might be hard to be corrected at a later date.

Thanks in advance x

ChunkyMonkeysMum Wed 14-Oct-09 21:51:15

I wouldn't worry too much because they will correct this at school, but it may be worth mentioning it to her sometimes, or sitting with her & helping her so it's seen as helping rather than correcting & spoiling her fun IYSWIM ??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now